Home Forums Scent Work one dog, two handlers

• one dog, two handlers

Posted by Laura on 01/23/2022 at 2:33 PM

I received an entry for one dog, with two different handlers. Mom will show the dog in Excellent, while her son will show the dog as a Junior Handler (in Novice B) as he is just starting out in scent work. Is there any way I can enter junior as the handler for some of the classes and mom as handler for others?

Laura McGowan

Laura replied 2 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Ken

01/23/2022 at 3:29 PM

I believe one way to do it is to via the Class Entries List page. Get into the class for that trial for that show and click Class Entries List on the ribbon above. The display should be in two parts, the top half showing a formatted report of a selected dog, and the bottom half showing a list of all the dogs in the class. Click anywhere on the line on the bottom half for the dog you want to change. You should then see the information for that dog formatted on the top half of the page. Double-check you are looking at the correct dog and change the Handler to the name you want. Click Save at the top and close the Entries List tab. Now click Score Sheets on the top ribbon and click Specific Armband Number. Enter the armband number for the dog you just changed and click OK. This is a test to make sure the resulting scoresheet displayed has the correct handler name on it. Please note: We should all be quite careful when working in the Entries List page. I wouldn’t say it’s akin to adjusting the rods in a nuclear reactor, but not paying attention to every move and key stroke can lead to some unpleasant consequences.

• Laura

01/23/2022 at 4:59 PM

Thank you! Yes I am able to see the two different handlers (and was able to change the fee to the junior handler discounted amount) from the entries screen. When I send the confirmation, only one handler shows up. However, I can send a pdf of the scoresheets so they can verify the handler information.

Laura

• Richard Beezley

Administrator
    01/24/2022 at 8:02 AM

Each class entry can have a different handler. The entry defaults to the dog owner, but can be changed on the enter a dog in a class page when making the entry. This needs to be set before the dog is put in the class as this is when the entry record is created and it will be created with whoever was set as the handler at that time. This goes for all fields in that first column such as the fee. If you need to change a handler later it can be done on any of the entry list pages as mentioned. One confirmation email is sent per armband number and goes to the dog owner.

• Laura

01/24/2022 at 5:55 PM

Thank you!

I don’t know how many clubs are encouraging junior handlers, but we certainly are! Would it be possible in a future version to add this as a separate entry option? We offer juniors a reduced fee and an option for them to earn a junior handler’s ribbon each day they Q in two events. Might be nice if they could have their own armband number (if sharing a parent’s dog) and entry confirmation. Just a thought!

Laura