Home Forums Obedience Issue entereding a dog into a class

• Issue entereding a dog into a class

Posted by Jerry Ranch on 09/17/2021 at 5:38 PM

Thanks for the help – lots of questions from a new user.

My Oct show has three Rally Trials – each trial has the 9 Rally classes, both A and B.

In entering a dog into Rally Master (the first dog entered into that class), there was no choice for A or B levels on the entry page. All the other classes have A and B levels (Ive entered quite a few already)

In the available trials box the Master class looks like this 10/1/2021-Trial 1-Master–, no A or B appended as in the other classes, and no choice in the drop down for A or B

I did something wrong I’m sure

Thanks

Jerry

Jerry Ranch replied 2 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Jerry Ranch

09/18/2021 at 6:03 AM

Ive attached three images – two from one of the rally trials to document that all the classes are in the trial; and “Add Dog to Class” screen to show there is no A or B level for Master; Since all the exhibitor and dog data is saved independently, if I have to delete the Show and start over, I can do that.

• Richard Beezley

Administrator
    09/18/2021 at 8:54 AM

Jerry,

I think you maybe confusing the Obedience Master class which does not have an A or B with Rally Master. The Rally Master is named ROM. You can see it in your class list screens shot.

• Richard Beezley

Administrator
      09/18/2021 at 8:59 AM

Jerry,

Regarding deleting, you can delete each item (Dogs, People, Show, Trials, Classes) on the appropriate details page. There is a delete button in the ribbon. Now there are parent child relationships between things. For example if you deleted a Trial it would also delete the classes in that trial and the entries in those classes. This done to keep from orphaning records. Use caution when deleting…

• Jerry Ranch

09/18/2021 at 9:22 AM

Duh..you are 100% correct I did confuse Obed Master with ROM – I know better. LOL

But, in the add a dog to a class dialog, there is no ROM in the level drop down (only RO1, RO2 and RO3). However in the available Trials and classes list I did see the three ROMA and three ROMB classes (for the three trial show)

• Richard Beezley

Administrator
    09/20/2021 at 8:21 AM

Jerry,

Yes, that is my mistake. I will correct it in the next release. The drop downs are just filters for the list below and I forgot to add ROM to the filter list. You can still enter dogs in that class you just can’t filter the list to only ROM.