Home Forums Obedience 32 bit version of access

• 32 bit version of access

Posted by Jerry Ranch on 09/23/2021 at 6:01 AM

Odd. Ive been using the software to setup a show and trial, and just sent out confirmation emails through Gmail last night. All is working great. So I open the software this AM and I get an error message – that I need to open it with the 32 bit version of Access.

Jerry Ranch replied 2 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Jerry Ranch

09/23/2021 at 7:11 AM

Since I retired, I only use the PC for Access – I use a Mac now for my photography. So I get a little flustered with the PC. But sometimes I dabble. I located the Access run-time install on my machine and installed it, and now myOBT works. I recall that last night as I shut down the PC some updates were installed, would those updates have an impact on 32 bit vs 64 bit? It seems unlikely. But that is my observation.

Jerry

• Richard Beezley

Administrator
    09/23/2021 at 8:36 AM

Jerry, I would not think an update would change you from 32 bit to 64 bit. I could see it updating changing what program your file extensions (accde and accdb) pointed to. Did you possible have the runtime all along and that is what the file extensions were pointed to and the update changed them and then when you re-installed the runtime it changed them back? Just a guess.

• Jerry Ranch

09/23/2021 at 8:41 AM

Could be. At least I have a way to resolve this issue should it occur again. Since I have the MSOffice subscription, I was thinking I should uninstall the product and install the 32 bit version – after the trial.